America is booming! It’s all systems go for recovery! Where are the naysayers now, huh??
- The unemployment rate was unchanged at 4.9 percent. Economists polled by Reuters forecast that the unemployment rate would dip to 4.8 percent. It didn’t.
- Most US economists say the bulk of labour market slack is now absorbed. Payroll gains, they add, will probably drift lower over the next 12 months.
- Manufacturing sector jobs growth slowed by 40%.
- The biggest jobs rise was in the leisure/hospitality sector…at 45,000 jobs. It’s summer, right?
- Mining shed 7,000 jobs.
- Those working part-time because they can’t find full-time employment rose to 9.7 %. Most of these had given up looking for fulltime work.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics, US payroll statistics, and US payroll statistics designed to give Trump a major-league kick up the ass.
Barack Obama has continued a policy of massaging non-farm payroll stats begun by Hillary’s old man.
There is nothing new to see here; I fancy Trump’s core support will recognise this.
I’m not for Trump, but I am sure as Hell not for the manipulative bitch he will face in November. US systemic SNAFU continues….in pretty much the same way that the UK version does.
We are now, more than ever, two separate cultures joined by our disdain for the politicians ruining our countries, and the growing absence of sources we can trust.