Privilege in the British Council, and the two faces of Angela Gibbins
What the media told you
Head of Global Estates at the British Council Angela Gibbins told her Facebook followers that 3 years and 2 weeks old Prince George, the Queen’s great grandson, was “privileged, rich and living off public money. White privilege. That cheeky grin is the (already locked-in) innate knowledge he’s royal, rich, advantaged and will never know ANY difficulties or hardships in life.I know he’s only two years old, but Prince George already looks like a fucking dickhead”.
When contacted to comment on the remarks, she told the media (chiefly the Rupert Murdoch-owned Sun) that
“I have a multifaceted opinion, but I do disagree with the system that creates privilege of any sort, and I have a dedication to calling that out for what it is. I’m sound in my socialist, atheist and republican opinions. I don’t believe the royal family have any place in a modern democracy, least of all when they live on public money. That’s privilege and it needs to end.”
Key words to interrogate: privileged, living off public money, Murdoch, British Council, Global Estates, multifaceted, sound, socialist, Royal.
What you should really know
- Angela Gibbins is a hypocrite. The BC is still a wholly owned Government Organisation that lives off public money. Whereas she is aware of that, almost certainly Prince George isn’t aware of his ‘costs’. The British Council is there to represent Britain, and the British Head of State is the Queen. If you’re a ‘sound’ republican, don’t go to work for £80,000 a year at the BC.
- Very few organisations in Britain are as privileged as the British Council. For years it has been a byword for corrupt cronisym and nepotism as a result of a stream of critical reports in 2007, 2008, 2009 et al from Commons Committees, the NAO and the Information Commissioner. Its accountability (officially to the FCO) is in reality negligible, but that FCO has over fifty years received damning complaints of malpractice from foreign governments as diverse as Burma, China, Libya, Australia, and Pakistan.
- Its performance in the Educational provision sector was slammed by a Select Committee in 2007 for providing “joint educational programmes involving Chinese universities, that lagged behind Australia, USA, Hong Kong, Canada and France”. This division launched the career of Jeremy Hunt’s company Hotcourses via a non-competitive pitch while Hunt’s cousin Baroness Nettlestone was a senior member of the Council. Compared to those level of unaccountable privilege, the unconscious privilege of an infant prince pales into insignificance.
- Gibbins declares her opinions to be “multifaceted”, but a socialist republican outlook on life doesn’t fit that. As for being against “privilege”, these shots of Party-Babe Gibbins suggest she actually rather approves of it being applied to her:
Blimey – yes, there’s a large glass of bubbly….
….and oops, stone me, hiding down the bottom there, another glass of bubbly.
Multifaceted….or two faced?
Well, the view here in Sloggers’ Roost is inching towards two-faced, because like all “sound” socialists, Champagne Angela’s job at the British Council is to be, um, a property developer.
In that role, she was recognised as one of the “most influential women in the facilities management profession in 2007″….but her other role (again, not very multifaceted) is up there on Twitter as ‘socialist politics, human rights, allotments, E17’. Yup, looks like two-faced has won it hands down. Especially as she looks rather different at Facebook:
Yes, gone is Influential socialite Angela Falicity-Gibbins, and revealed is Angie Guevara-Leveller, sexy, fearless champion of vegetable rights on allotments, and former Amnesty International Activist.
When she chose her global assets partner-supplier at the British Council, however, did she think it entirely appropriate to hire the American-owned company, CBRE?
And was there a shortlist involved….or did the US giant get the job just by turning up?
At the time, Falicity-Gibbins said: “After conducting a thorough global review, we are very much looking forward to working with CBRE as our Global Property Partner. CBRE will help us to streamline and speed up the delivery of capital projects and also optimise the
efficiency of the portfolio.”
So as well as being a socialist, she’s also a fan of globalists. And presumably therefore of the EU….because if there’s one thing socialists like, it’s BIG.
The British Council website has this to say about the EU:
‘The European Union (EU) is a strategic partner for the British Council both within the EU and globally. The EU Office acts as the global interface for our network of offices across the world with Brussels-based European Institutions and organisations working in the British Council’s main sectors and themes. Our role is to steer the successful development of partnership opportunities with the EU globally.’
Like any good socialist Remaindeer who doesn’t want to be ashamed of her country (or be seen as a fascistscumracistbigot) no doubt Angela’s Guevara-Leveller persona was very on-message about that BC role. But now we’ve voted to leave, of course, she’ll have to adapt. Or be a rebel about that too.
Whether this will stop the Council spending our money every year to promote the EU is another question, that should, I submit, be asked.
Anyway, the British Council gets £155Million of our money every year, Angela Gibbins gets eighty grand of it, and she was educated at Goldsmiths and Cambridge. Hold it up to the light….not a speck of privilege in sight.
What the 3.2 million Waspi SPA victims wouldn’t give for a bit of that. But there is no money at all left for the underprivileged of Britain….and I doubt if little George’s salary is anywhere near Angela’s just yet.
5. Once again, a Murdoch paper is seen to be centrally involved. This story was a wet dream for Rupert, because he hates the Royals, privileged Toffs like the British Council, and mother Earthers like Angie. So well-played girl. I mean girls.
What can any of us do to stop this sort of stuff?
Revisit the Four reform of the West priorities referred to yesterday
Always remember that every MSM story has an agenda, behind which there are more relevant truths than what’s in the story you read
Campaign to stop foreign nationals owning UK newspapers
Find an alternative to the Labour Party that isn’t riddled with minority cause Oxbridge Showboaters
Start offering more support to suffering British pensioners
Close the British Council and all other forms of Whiteminster cronyism.